Round 5 of Rosa’s FGM Small Grants Programme is now open for applications.
Funded by Comic Relief, in this final round we will make an estimated 8-10 grants of between £500 and £5,000 to voluntary and community organisations across the UK.
The grants will help funded organisations to:
• become more confident, more knowledgeable, and more skilled in tackling FGM within their communities;
• improve their skills in engaging with, and lobbying, statutory bodies to encourage appropriate responses to FGM;
• contribute to a unified movement across the UK bringing together a range of organisations engaged in tackling FGM.
In Round 5 we will exclusively support applications from organisations within the following categories:
• those engaging with and providing support to newly arrived communities;
• supporting previous recipients of Rosa’s FGM Small Grants to continue their work beyond the life of the programme and to become sustainable.
Within these categories, we particularly welcome proposals:
• that will take place in areas with little coordinated activity aimed at tackling FGM;
• targeting a range of affected communities;
• that will use and promote rights-based strategies;
• that will involve working with diverse sections of the community, e.g. men, religious leaders, young people, older people.
Grants can be used towards training, research, mentoring, networking, and the delivery of advice, awareness-raising, and support. Grants will be considered for any costs relating to the proposed activity.
Before applying please read the Round 5 Guidance Notes which provide full details of the criteria of the funding round.
Once you have read our Guidance Notes please complete the relevant application form and send it to us by the deadline of 5pm on Monday 14 September, 2015:
For any queries relating to the programme please contact our Grants Manager, Louise Cook .