Volunteer Research Assistant X 2
This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills and enthusiasm to support a small and dynamic team committed to helping women and girls in the UK. The role is suitable for someone who is keen to put their research skills to good use, whilst gaining practical experience working for a charity in the Women’s Sector. Your research might include;-
- Sector research: investigating a cohort of charities in the Women’s Sector and compiling funding trends by donors.
- Analytics research: collating statistics, yearly figures and areas of focus by donors.
- Partner research: Investigating corporate CSR programmes, researching fashion and retail brands with “ethical focus” particularly those with a focus on equality, diversity and social inclusion.
- Researching and developing our corporate partnership list
- Researching leadership support in the Women’s Sector
- Contributing to programme evaluations
The Person Specification is designed to help you decide if would like to apply for this. You may have gained some of the experience and skills below through your academic work, paid or voluntary work. We aim to provide you with the opportunity to update existing skills and knowledge as well as gain new skills in different areas. We don’t expect you to have all of the experience, skills and knowledge listed below, but please address as many of the points as you can in your application.
Interest and person specification
- Good academic credentials
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Research experience
- Experience of working in an office or professional environment
- An interest in working for a charity , or an interest in working on women’s issues
Skills & Abilities
- Quick to adapt and learn new skills
- Good analytical research skills, including qualitative and quantitative research
- Good computer-knowledge and internet skills, including knowledge of basic Office programmes
- 2-3 days per week for a period of 4-6 weeks (Negotiable)
- Based at Rosa, 4th Floor, United House, North Road, N7 9DP
What we offer
- Reimbursement of travel and lunch expenses on production of receipts
- Structured experience of working in a professional organization in the Women’s Sector with on-going support and supervision
- The opportunity to make a real contribution to our work
- Training and support from the Rosa team
- References for future employers
Rosa’s Equal Opportunities Policy
Rosa is an equal opportunities organisation committed to actively opposing all forms of discrimination on grounds of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, national or ethnic origin, marital status, personal circumstances or lifestyle.
How to Apply
We are looking for candidates who can start in early December but there is some flexibility. If you would like to apply for the role please send a CV and cover letter, together with your availability for interview to email@example.com . The deadline to send the applications is 30th November 2016.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role further, please do not hesitate to contact Tanees Abbas, Finance and Administrative Officer for an informal discussion on 0207 6973 466